All Do’s and Don’ts apply to your Initial Procedure as well as for any Touch-Up Procedure
Dos and Don’ts BEFORE your permanent makeup
- Must be off Accutane for a minimum of 12 months before ANY permanent makeup procedure.
- Avoid Aspirin/Ibuprofen and any Vitamins that may thin your blood for 72 hours.
- Avoid Retinoic Acid skincare products (like Retin-A) two weeks prior to treatment.
- No Eyebrow Tinting, Tweezing, Waxing, Face scrubs, Chemical peels, Botox, Fillers, or Electrolysis at least two weeks prior.
- No False Lashes or Lash Extensions for 2 weeks prior to your eyeliner procedure.
- Avoid Sun Exposure (direct or tanning beds), or Tanning sprays 3 days prior. And no procedure can be done over sunburned skin.
- No Growth stimulants ((Latisse®, RapidLash®, Grande Lash®, Babe® or RevitaLash®) 1 week to several months prior depending on how long you have been using them.
- No Lip stains (“long-lasting”, or “all-day” lipsticks) 1 week prior to your lip procedure.
- Avoid Tooth whitening or treatments on the day of your lip procedure.
- No Alcohol consumption 24 hours before your procedure.
- No Caffeine or any other Stimulants, contact lens wear, mascara, or lash curlers day of your eyeliner procedure.
- No permanent makeup procedures can be done while pregnant or nursing.
Dos and Don’ts AFTER your permanent makeup
- Do not over-apply healing balm.
- Do not immerse brow area in water for 14 days. When showering, make sure to avoid the face area. When cleaning or washing face, make sure to avoid brows and clean around them.
- Avoid excessive moisture like Spas, Hot tubs, Pools, Lakes, Oceans, and Long showers for 4 weeks. This is due to infection potential as well as too much moisture will impede healing.
- Do not put makeup on the brow area for a minimum of 10 days. Microbladed area is an open wound, using makeup may cause infections.
- No Contact lens wear, Mascara or other makeup, or Eyelash curlers for 3-4 days after your eyeliner procedure.
- No False Lashes or Lash Extensions for 2 weeks after your eyeliner procedure.
- Avoid alcohol and aspirin/ibuprofen and any vitamins that may thin your blood for 24 hours.
- The brow area will feel slightly itchy as it heals and may start to lightly scab over. Do not peel or pick at the scabs as this can affect the outcome and pigmentation.
- Avoid Sun Exposure (direct or tanning beds), or Tanning sprays for 2-4 weeks.
- No intense activities that cause excessive sweating for 1 week.
- No face scrubs or chemical peels for at least 2 weeks.
- No Growth stimulants ((Latisse®, RapidLash®, Grande Lash®, Babe® or RevitaLash®) for 1 week.
- For best long-lasting results, avoid products containing ingredients that will fade implanted pigment (Retinoic acids, Glycolic acids, Peroxides, Neosporin, Exfoliants, Anti-aging product).
- Do not donate blood for a minimum of 1-year after any permanent makeup procedure.